Monday, May 28, 2012

Armed forces......Conversation in thoughts.




My family loved who I was, they do not know who I have become

God, why is it so hot???
The smell of blood makes me aware of the danger
Dodging death, hearing the crackling of heat
The wizz from the presence in the air leaves me diving for cover

Mom grasp me in her arms, I am finally home
Her baby is her baby and they are home

The ricocheting booms has the earth swaying under my feet
I.E.D'ed I drag my brother to safety and realize all too late the hope for them is gone
I have no time for emotion, just action
I am driven to rage
I lift my weapon

Everyone is happy to see me, its been a while
Normalcy has eluded me for so long




The dust storm swallows the appearance of man
This is the perfect time
At ease with what I am about to do
The enemy has been upon us
I kick open the door, tucking and rolling in

I hear the light laugh of my sister, 
examining her presence
She begins to cry
I am finally home

I feel the heat of the explosion before I see it
The world spins and disappears into a haze
Someone is carrying me
The pain is frightening 

It's so good to see you, my aunt whispers in my ear 
as she embraces me with force

She does not realize the impact of her words and I finally breakdown and cry
Oh how I wish the last thing I saw before the shrapnel damage to my eyes made me blind was them
I thrive in just presence alone now
I would do it again 

For my country..............

No comments:

Post a Comment