Friday, March 11, 2016

Systematically untrustworthy

Burning wood is not a smell delivered to the ghetto
No....burning of sage or
Hickory dickory dock
Cherrywood or oak

GSR, CDR, GFR is more the smell of the revenue
Blocks ain't scared of you

Systematically evolved to still not level with you
It's the hood boss
They have their measures to
Although faded
They want to hold on to something to prove

Instead of growing the tools gifted to them
Lack of utilization makes it rusty
How can you trust thee
when there's no one you can trust...see...

Yet I still can't leave home
I'm the one in my family being gutsy
New York City or bust g
This city has touched me
A girl grew in Brooklyn lacking luxury

Was raised in the south so don't tell me how it must be
Racist enterprise
lack my tone no idea of what it must be
don't make a career on how you protesting what it must be, don't swing your opinion if you never experienced what it must be
no swinging from chandeliers no matter the shade still house nigga in this country

No comments:

Post a Comment