Wednesday, July 11, 2018

The cycle

 take umbrage as a offended black
Pardon me
A
Afro-American pardon me
a
African-American pardon me
a
Negro pardon me
a
colored pardon me
a
house nigger pardon me
a
field nigger pardon me
a
slave pardon me
a
Inanimate object for recreational and systematic injustice pardon me
a
part of a tribe that will never be discovered
a
Fuck this no pardon me
I remember the first thought that stuck to my brain...
I was 5. I was taught that I needed to understand I already had 2 strikes against me:
1. I was African-American
2. I was female
The other strike that should of placed me out was sickle cell anemia but we have more important things to discuss right now
I grew up in Bed-Stuy during the "War on drugs" era better known as the 80's crack epidemic. I used to think those vials that visually captured my mind with those tops in rainbow colors were things left by others for me to play with.
I witnessed the drug and alcohol abuse that went rampant amongst citizens behind closed doors. Not knowing or understanding til later(when I became a criminologist/social worker) it was another form of self medicating to not live life.
I witnessed the war on poverty dismantling neighborhoods, not caring about certain neighborhoods, the beginnings of explointing neighborhoods
I witnessed the struggles of the project life, food stamps and food pantries with that rock solid ass cheese, and white labeled cans.
I witnessed when violence became death, drugs becmae territorial war, color war, pit us against WAR.....
I witnessed the deprecation of the African-American woman, the demeaning and cruel aspects of being free but being a slave to man so not being free....but being free but having to give up my thought process to sooth your thoughts and make you my world
now you wonder why all women want to be independent and non dependent, non-conforming and lead their dreams onward...it's okay you can keep assautling our hopes and dreams and the barriers we took to
and the reason we the most educated persons in this land as they see.....racism wasnt the only thing systematic
I witness the breakdown of the nuclear family
I witnessed the role of Rockefeller continuing to breakdown the nuclear family
I witnessed the take down of all the proud negros who had struggle to succeed in a free world
have that free world create systems
so in that free world they could struggle and never be free
I witness currently the repurcussions of leaving rehabilitation for incapacitation (I studied criminology for a reason)
I witness the lost of rights guarenteed as a USA citizen being stipped for mistakes made so the people most angry can't vote, cant live in public housing you take my money for, cant get a job, cant get a life....go back to what got me locked up in the 1st place...
A whole new class of degenerates right...
Whoa....
SYTEMS OVERLOAD MUST REBOOT
I witnessed incarcerated individuals having the ability to learn and better themselves stripped away because violence needs to be in cycles or the prison business will be in peril
I witness families destroyed by housing 85%of NYC residents in upstate counties so they can garner more money on their census while we get programs cut and taken away...ahh that cycle again
I witness the hurt and loss and pain when you cant afford or have the means to travel 8hrs for a visit
I witnessed the creation of gangs to combat systems
only to be remade to kill their own systems only to be raised to "kill each system, we need praise..
honor and ego is all we have in this game" cycling the violence in systems
These waters run deep and if we can't open our eyes to see what has led us here and what has got us here...we still that african leading others to our villiage cuz we want to show them love. ..
society makes us trust no one
Now we trust no one
I know what prison looks like...it's a shame almost every other black kid lives this life
I witnessed the policies deepen to hurt
Society deepen to change
Societal measures that have created this game
Let the niggers kill each other
on play and repeat
I witness rascism...the snide comments,
the looks and stares when i accompany a white family or friends
I witnessed that shotgun barrel on my head saying niggas aint welcome in North Carolina
I witnessed being chased off of blocks that said there is no room for niggers here on ave L
I remember being indentured and servants and i get angry and mad
Because you rather question me on what is bad and what we have and not wanting to take a look back
because your bubble allows you to not really feel so bad
or feel so sad
Just a smirk and a relief of glad....
(we cant be trusted still..right)
And when they can ...I got a resolution
I witnessed man...
THESE TIMES ARE ABOMINATIONS
But you still can't what see what im witnessing man...
what i see in front of me witnessing
Damn
When does it stop
Learn the appropriation and desecration of a culture locked up in systematic and institutionalized rascism before you try to take cover
I grew up here...
you think you know but have no idea
Dont ask why im angry
ASK WHY IM ANGRY
TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHY IM ANGRY
If you say nothing your just as guilty
This world for you may have have been rainbows and unicorns but for me
Its always been crazy....

No comments:

Post a Comment